Our Mission Statement:
The mission of Open Door Community House, Inc. is to empower impoverished people in our community to realize their full potential as children of God by creating long-term solutions to poverty.
Our Vision Statement:
To eliminate poverty in our community. “God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.” Ephesians 3:20
Open Door Community House offers free program ministries:
- Mathews Promise Academy: an afterschool and full-day summer program K-12 with a focus on reading development, academic success, spiritual development, recreation, STEAM, and arts in a safe & loving environment.
- Virginia D. Jackson Home for Women: a transition home for unaccompanied women to receive a safe place to live for up to a year, learn soft skills, financial management, receive counseling, and hope.
- Welcome Home & HOME: Two housing programs for women & children to receive financial help, resources, and case management to overcome barriers to housing.
- The Culinary Arts Institute of Open Door: a job skill training program that provides training in food safety, soft skills, and sous chef skills with a professional chef, and the ServSafe certification testing is available at no cost as well.
- The Culinary Incubator provides those that have graduated from a culinary arts program and have ServSafe certification to dream big, develop a business plan, and prepare for owning their own business.
- Circles in Columbus prepares those who are ready to leave poverty with training on financial & personal goals for a bright future, then facilitates building relationships and community to provide a support system. Everyone needs a circle.
Leaving poverty is not easy or quick. It is a journey. We are here and honored to be called to walk alongside those God has placed in our doors to be the hands and feet of Christ.